Regular meditation has greatly improved my health and quality of life on all levels. I recharge with meditation on a daily basis. You too can heal with meditation.
A lot of research has been done on meditation and there are literally hundreds of scientifically proven benefits!
The benefits of meditation
- Increased energy and vitality
- Reduces the ageing process and helps you to live longer!
- Improved the immune system
- Reduced blood pressure
- Improved cardiovascular problems
- Decreased inflammation at the cellular level
- Prevention of chronic diseases, such as HIV and cancer.
- Increased mood, optimism, relaxation and awareness
- Reduced stress, the cause of many illnesses
- Less worry, fear, anger and anxiety
- Better resilience against pain and adversity
- Higher emotional intelligence
- Improved relationships
- Less reactive
- cognitive skills and creative thinking
- mental strength and focus
Meditation brings true personal transformation and awareness as you connect with your true self and consciousness grows.
How does meditation work?
Meditation is a process that helps you disconnect from rational, left brain thinking in order to tap into the unconscious mind or a state of greater awareness and consciousness, free from scattered thought.
Meditation helps you to stay in the present moment, in the Zero Point Field, a ‘field of endless possibilities’ as described by quantum physicists.
There are various types of meditation, which I won’t go into here. Instead I will show you a technique I use on a daily basis that is simple to do and will help you attain all the benefits.
How to energise yourself – and heal with meditation
I use these techniques every morning to start the day with a clear and peaceful mind; and in the evening to shake off the day’s tensions.
- Find a quiet place inside or outside where you will be undisturbed.
- Sit down comfortably on the ground, on a cushion or a chair, keeping your back straight and the palms of your hands facing up (exposing the meridian points) and resting on your thighs.
- Keeping your head still, look upwards slightly while closing your eyelids gently. (If you close your eyes and roll them upward, you will make alpha waves, present in a relaxed awareness state of mind.)
- Now start taking deep belly breaths, letting the breath out slowly. This will further help you to disconnect from the rational, left brain thinking mind – often referred to as monkey mind!
- If you are finding it difficult to let go of distracting thoughts, simply do a series of deep breaths while counting. Focusing on counting will help you to quieten the mind, e.g.
- Breathe in to the count of 4.
- Keep the breath in to the count of 4.
- Let the breath out to the count of 6
- Do this 8 times. Do it over again until you feel that your mind has calmed down.
- Now, with your eyes still closed, just let go, keeping your mind still and in the present. If thoughts still come to mind, just let them go by like clouds in the sky.
- Do this for as long as you can. You can start by doing this for 5 minutes and increase the time period gradually. Try to do this for at least 20 minutes to half and hour or more.
You should feel recharged with energy immediately!
Also, as you heal with meditation, you will feel increasingly better if you practice regularly. You will start reaping more and more of the benefits as you start evolving into increased awareness and consciousness.